Membership Benefits Include the Following:
Common Voice for Local Advocacy:
- REPRESENTATION MATTERS – Coming together to create one voice will be a powerful tool in our community for unified representation on behalf of foster parenting, kinship caregiving and adoption.
- Foster Change works hand in hand with Clark County Department of Family Services, Washoe County Human Services Agency, & Rural NV Division of Child and Family Services, sitting on work forces, teams and committees, to make sure that your voices are heard and represented well.
- Foster Change has implemented and will maintain a local initiative called One Team One Dream, connecting the professionals in all willing local child serving agencies, organizations and ministries, with the governing belief that if we all invest in better partnership, it will be to the benefit of our whole community.
- Help Understanding current child welfare trends
- Regularly Hosted One Voice Town Halls – Members are invited to join the Foster Change Board of Directors and Advisory Board and to take this opportunity to have your voice heard. Everyone in attendance will have the opportunity to share their concerns, experiences, struggles, along with any questions on current or future policy. The Board will then take what is shared and formally present to the Department of Family Services, with expectation of a response on their behalf. These meetings will be ongoing, as the mission of Foster Change is to empower families and elevate their voice through advocacy. These meetings are held virtually and links for meetings will be emailed to members.
(To Follow Your current Congress, including our local senators and representatives, what they are working on and what legislation is in the works, that affects foster care, kinship care and adoption, click here: https://www.govtrack.us/)
Connections to Community:
Information on all available area support groups (some may include refreshments and childcare)
Access to specific DFS events for ALL children in your home, not just those with an open case
Connection through active Social Media pages – find us on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
Telephone and Social Media monitored Helpline to get connected to community resources and personal support.
Free access to the Foster Change Lending Library, a library curated of books and materials specially chosen for families who are caring for children from hard places.